Thoughts for Thanksgiving
As the holiday season approaches, we wanted to first and foremost give thanks - for all of the parents and adults out there making a positive impact on the lives of our youth. They are our future and therefore we are thankful for all of the positive influences and role models out there, making our world a better place by shaping our kids.
The holiday season often brings many fun, family traditions but sometimes they also provide a dose of stress and chaos. We wish you and yours a happy and healthy holiday!
Here are a few things we're thinking about this Thanksgiving...
Signs & Symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), specifically during the Fall and/or Winter seasons:
- Feeling sad, down or blue most of the time
- Low energy
- Loss of sexual drive and/or interest in things that once brought you joy
- Feeling sluggish, agitated or uncharacteristically irritable
- Weight gain
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling hopeless and/or unworthy or worthless
- Thoughts of death or suicide
SAD is just like any medical condition - diabetes and cancer for example - it is out of your control and can require intervention to overcome. Please seek help from a medical professional if you are experiences SAD symptoms. A couple common treatments for SAD include therapy, light therapy and medication. If you are feeling suicidal, please seek immediate help.
Call the National Suicide Prevention 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255.
Medicine Disposal Sites by County
- Click here for medicine disposal sites in Hennepin County.
- Click here for medicine disposal sites in Anoka County.
- Click here for medicine disposal sites in Carver County.
- Click here for medicine disposal sites in Dakota County.
- Click here for medicine disposal sites in Wright County.